Ever feel like you are drowning under a sea of paperwork… or have so much on your plate that your entrepreneurial brain might explode? Running a business is tough and often it feels like you spend more time working in your business, than on it.
A solution to your worries could be to find a kick-ass Virtual Assistant who will provide you with all the support that you and your business needs – like Batman has Robin. But what is a Virtual Assistant exactly and how can they make life easier for you? Admin super-woman Serena Fordham shares her top ten reasons you need a Virtual Assistant right now!
10 amazing reasons why you need an awesome Virtual Assistant (VA) in your life:
- A VA often has a wide variety of skill-sets, both administrative and technical. Many also specialise in certain areas such as media, sales, finance or technology.
- A VA works remotely from their own home or personal office, so you don’t have to worry about setting set up additional office space and the costs of extra furniture and equipment.
- Since your VA works remotely, she won’t be held up by your schedule or unforeseen problems in the office.
- You’re not responsible for employee-related expenses, such as tax and benefits – all you pay are the VA’s fees for services provided according to the terms of their contract. The money you save on paying employee expenses can be reinvested into your business – supporting its growth!
- Communication via email, phone or Skype is easy, there is no difficulty being in touch when you need something doing.
- With a VA handling your event planning, coordinating and scheduling, you have more time to participate in industry events, trade shows, meetings and networking, making beneficial connections within your industry and potential customers.
- VA’s use their skills, knowledge and specialisms to streamline tasks and make your business run more efficiently. You will no longer feel the stress of seeing the pile of admin building up.
- You can take advantage of a Virtual Assistant’s expertise to create fresh marketing campaigns, manage your social media and help you with promotions. Together you can expand the reach of your business on an ongoing basis.
- You will free up time to look at the bigger picture and work on the direction of your business
- With a VA sharing back office and operational tasks, you can concentrate on your customers!
But what does a Virtual Assistant actually do? Here are 15 tasks that you could outsource to your VA sidekick:
- Document creation
- Sales chasing
- Diary management
- Making calls and booking appointments
- Creating forms and templates
- Project Management
- Event Management
- Data Entry
- Proof Reading
- Creating Canva images
- Responding to emails
- Sending greeting cards and gifts to VIPs
- Writing newsletters
- Social Media Management
…and if in doubt, just ask. Virtual Assistants turn their hands to most tasks!